Thursday, October 30, 2003

Everquest Southern Armada Week Thirty Six

30/10/03 Week ThirtySix

Wow what a week. I am pretty much completely shattered. If my boss ever leaves and they ask me to take over, I have no idea what he gets paid but it ain't worth putting up with the shit I have had to for the last three weeks.

Tuesday nights raid, the only Kez run raid of this week kicked off in the Elemental plane of Earth. After the last few attempts at POE we have had a lot more experience at the rings and we are a hell of a lot faster. First up was a quick run at the worlds biggest Croc. My GF came in during the fight and all she could say when she saw Tantisala Jaggedtooth was "oooo handbag and shoes!"

The Croc died fast and we moved down and began the pulls to clear the way to the Ring Of Vine. We wiped out several generations of Bloodthirsty Vegerog's before finally getting to the boss of the Vine Ring.

Now at one point I would have said this guy was tough. Its amazing what a few weeks of farming the Elemental planes can do for you. In fact we are so contemptuous of Derugoak Bloodwalker now that we don't even use a real tank on him.

I have to admit something. Now this is rather embarrassing but its better to be honest about these things rather than let them fester and just make your life worse. Southern Armada has a Gnome Warrior. I know, I know, I have let the dirty little secret out of the bag. But now its out in the open, don't you all just feel better, no more hiding, no more sneaking around and lieing. Say it loudly with me.
We have a GNOME warrior!!.

We have also figured out some really good uses for a Gnome warrior. Dieing a lot is one use, and tanking completely crap mobs when you don't want to waste a Pally on them :)

Actually if I was Derugoak Bloodwalker I would be highly embarrassed that I was beaten by a Gnome!. I would hide my head in shame and never darken the face of Norrath again!.

Anyway, enough Gnome Punting, nah one more /punt!.

Next up we took over the plinth that the Ring of Vine spawns on and started pulling the Ring of Dust.

A Dust Devotee

Now the last time i did this with the good folks over at Unity it took forever to pull and clear through the Devotee's. SA just pulled 'em 3 or 4 at a time and wiped them out. I think we had cleared through all of them in about 20 minutes and it was time for the boss. Unfortunately I didn't get to get a picture of him as it was INC *splat*, too fast for me to get a screenshot.

So at this point we headed over to the cave at the back of Jaggedtooths spawn point and started clearing the trash on the way to the Arbitor.

A Shimmering Gem Sentry

Now the Arbitor is the nasty bugger who stands between us and a Plane of EarthB key so we were particularly determined to take him out. We cleared all the way down through to his room with no problems. We had no real idea how this fight was going to go, as no-one had done it in detail before. One thing we do know now is that the repop in the room before the Arbitors is damn fast.

We pulled him, we were engaged, healing good on Pooby, DPS going well, he was going down nice and easy and *POP* we had 5 adds in the room.

A Mystical Arbitor of Earth

I was summoned by him at 34%, without the adds we had the fat bastard. Its cool, he dies next time and we get a key. We need to do a lot more farming of the Elementals before we start to look at POEb anyway. From what I understand we will need at least 3-4 tanks in the 9K+ region, so we are going to need a bit of Elemental Plate for a few tanks. We will probably pick up a few more Blades of War from Rallos Zek the Warlord as well.

Thursday was a fast and clean set of Kills in Plane of Fire. First up was Jaxoliz Dawneyes and his buddy Sunmane.

DawnEyes

Criare Sunmane

Both of them died really fast and really cleanly. I was close to having to log off at this point. I knew I was going to be up for a quiet night as I needed to do some serious faction farming with the GF. However I managed to hang around for General Druav Flamesinger's death.

I understand that after Flamesinger there was bugger all up, so everyone headed out to Vex Thal and cleared through to Blob2 and at that point everything worthy of killing was dead so that ended the night.

No comments: