Sunday, October 19, 2003

Everquest Southern Armada Week Thirty

19/10/03 Week Thirty

I haven't been slack this week, I know the update is really late but there are good reasons.

1. I didn't get to do nada on last Mondays raid, which sucked because it was our first run into the Plane of Earth. I was having to deal with backup issues on the servers at work so I kept having to log out to check the running jobs. In addition to that I was having an LD night. After my 5th LD in an hour I was damn close to logging out and just giving up, but it eventually seemed to stabilize, just in time for the raid end.

Unfortunately due to the reasons outlined above I didn't manage to get any screen shots of Mondays raid. I was promised some by someone who was managing to stay connected so here they are:

Tantisala Jaggedtooth

So you will just have to accept that Monday was our first Elemental raid, it was the Plane of Earth and we completed 2 of the Rings, Soil and Mud I think they were.

2. There was a pickup raid against the Emperor on Wednesday night but I had already logged out so I didn't know anything about it. Damn GF Faction. It was also SA's first failed raid against the Emperor. The people who were online tried it with only 32 people, 2 Clerics and 2 Druids as Main Healers. All they needed was another Necro and they would have won damn it!. I believe they got the Emp to 26% or so before it all derailed.

I managed however to join a couple of LDoN groups this week, I have to say apart from putting the one and only spell that's of any use to me in a dungeon that no-one goes to, making it conjuration, unaffected by my Foci and AA's, insanely mana intensive and incredibly expensive, I am in fact really enjoying LDoN so far. It is paradise for a well played Necro. In the undead dungeons I get to play Gimp Chanter/Shammy. I am slowing, Mezzing, Root-parking, Doting, Nuking, Petting, Group healing, Direct healing and Mind Wracking.

Live-side Dungeons are just as much fun and a good Necro is just as useful without the slowage and mezzing.

Guk

Northern Desert of Ro

Early in the week I also managed to briefly join up with a Plane of Storms flagging for some of SA's members.

Paruek the Strong

These Plane of Storms named's were tough once!

Finally we get to the first real raid of the week I was able to be at and this week was a goodie! I logged in about an hour before hand, checked some of my quest mobs (spawn you bastards spawn!) and then went AFK to wait for the raid. I got back to a message from Kez, "SolRo is up!, get your asses to the tower!". So off we popped to SolRo Tower. This is not a tough kill, but managing to get everyone, flagged and un flagged into the tower is a real pain in the ass and a real test of a raid leaders patience.

Finally we managed to get everyone in and there was Solusek Ro, the Burning Prince waiting for us.

We didn't keep him waiting long, as soon as we had everyone in place we charged!.

He put up a valiant fight!, he even managed to kill a Necro! (Me) but no matter how much he struggled and wiggled there was no way he was escaping the blades of the Southern Armada.

And that was that. In two weeks we have opened the path to all of the Elemental planes, Earth, Water, Air and now finally Fire are now fully open to us!.

Just to prove it we headed up to the Plane of Air for some exploration. We have had individual members run through here with other guilds, but as a guild we have never fought in POA before so it was a real learning experience all around. It felt a little lumpy to be honest. I don't know whether people just figured that after the grind to get through all the flags and finally reach the elementals, that suddenly it was all going to get easy. But some of the really simple rules of engagement seemed to be being neglected.

A Stormrider Priest of Destruction

We essentially decided to try an Avatar for the first time and did a lot of clearing through trash and a couple of named's to get to the Avatars room.

Prismatic Recluse

Baltaldor the Cursed

Pherlondien Clawpike

Avatar of Wind

We got the Avatar down to about 26% before the 4-6 adds managed to completely wipe us out. Having now seen a lot of the mini's from Earth, Air, Fire and Water, I still maintain that there is nothing I have seen that can stop Southern Armada short of the Elemental Gods themselves.

No comments: