Friday, April 04, 2003

Southern Armada Everquest Raids Week Six

04/04/03 Week Six

Quote of the week from Burrower raid:

Kezlar tells the raid "Pooby behind Gar, assume the position"
Kaalana tells the Raid " methinks gara be assuming the ogre cockwarming position then :)"

Thanks for that Kaalana, I think my monitor will still work after having a mouthful of coke sprayed all over it!.

Well the week started off really well. Normally I am the only SA member playing on Saturday day. So it was really nice to get a tell from a member of Unity (who shall remain nameless) along the lines of "If any of you guys want to join us for a raid today, join this channel"

So of course I promptly joined the channel and learned that Unity would be doing the PonB hedge maze run and then dropping TT for flags for their members. I asked most politely if it was ok if I came along (as I don't have the flag) and was most politely invited to join. WOOT! A Flagging! *Insert rude Python-esque word play here*

For those who have never done it, basically the PonB (or Crypt of Terris Thule" flag battle involves keeping this guy alive as he walks through waves of nasty monsters.

Now, he's not very bright and my level one pet could take him, so you have to be awfully quick on the Crowd Control and good DPS to make it to the Boss Mob. The final battle is against A Construct of Nightmares. Now this is one seriously weird and ugly looking Mob. Not tough but a buttload of hit Points!. But he died, I ran back to POT and got my Flag!

So since I now had my PonB flag it was kinda logical to join up with a Unity raid to go and kill Terris Thule. Now as those of you who have been following the continuing adventures of Ulaa the Necromancer are no doubt aware, I have failed against my last 2 tries against TT. The people I have been with haven't failed, I have. First fail, wiped and had to go to bed *Boo, hiss, you big girl!*, 2nd try went LD and got ported out *Sad*.

So joining up with Unity to do this seemed a good idea. Now, a couple of other SA had logged in at this point so there were now about 4-6 of us on this raid. We formed up in PonB and headed to TT. Unity bitch slapped her and I got another flag!. Two in one day, woot!. Thank you very much to Unity. They rock!. Im going to try and hook up with them again this weekend, if they will have me.


When GOOD textures go BAD!!.
Running through Lavastorm the other day, something went very very wrong with the ground.

We have had another Server transfer, a 65 Pally called Kemdal came across. So we organized a wee raid on KD to Kill us a Vindicator and get Kem a shiny new BP. Now this goes to show that even the bestest, tightest group of people can have an Off day.


Attempt 1: 15 people. Vindi pops with a buddy. Wipe
Attempt 2: 20+ People. Vindi pops with a buddy. Wipe.
Attempt 3: 25+ People. Vindi pops with a buddy and adds, at one point we had 5 giants in camp. Wipe.
Attempt 4. 35+ People. Vindi comes alone. He dies.

Now, SA is MORE than capable of taking Vindi with 15 people even with adds (Particularly the people there at the time) but for some reason we kept dying a lot. Like I said, every guild has an off day, that was ours. It was still a lot of fun though and Kem got his BP in the end. :)

So, now its raid day. First call is BOT for a Tower Boss. So we start to form up, then the call is changed, A Burrower Parasite is up! head to The Deep. So off to the Deep it is, my second time there and I remembered the way!, well pretty much, only got lost once. We fight our way in (I managed to NOT fall off the bloody bridge this time) , start the Ring and away we go. It seemed to go down a lot faster this time.

Maybe it was cause we had 5 Necros there!, Ive never been in a raid with that many Necros!. In fact Ive never been in a Guild with this many Necro's. On the way in there, Wolfe also was kind enough to let me have my 63 pet! So now all I gotta do is power to 63 this weekend and Ill have 2 (count em) 63 spells to scribe !. The 63 pet cant tank at all, but for Guild Raids its an awesome damage dealer if positioned behind the mob.

So it was all going well, we had a real tank, everyone is rocking along, Rangers chugging out arrows, Nec's Dotting and Nuking, Tanks smashing, Wizzies Nuking, Clerics Healing etc etc. Then, suddenly, a tragic loss!. Just before the Burrower took a dirt nap, The Little Red Fire Engine went to his god in the sky. *Sad*

Much Good Phat Lewtz, was had from Burrower (We got another Robe woot!)

Then, one of my favorite things, a Flagging!!. Behemoth is up. Everyone heads out to POI and forms up. We run into the Factory and head out to Behemoths room. Now last time, we had a fail, I still don't know why, but we were determined to take him this time. CC groups are doing their thing and suddenly I go LD *sigh* *FuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuckFuck*
Zone back in to find out Im just in time *phew*. Behemoth becomes targetable, tanks and clerics race in, casters head to back wall.

Nukes go in, 20 seconds later, dead Behemoth. A Flagging!!.A Flagging!!. So I am now flagged for PoTactics!, woohoo!, doesn't mean Im going to get groups in there of course but at least I can join the guild for raids!. :)

More Good Phat Lewtz from the Behemoth. Hopefully next raid day is either Grummus or AD (Neither of which I have killed yet, and I want to see em die) or a Mini in Luclin (Drop my damn spell you swine). I still want to kill Shei Vinitras as well cause he wiped us once and we need Vengeance!

Little Red Fire Engine 0
MoBs 2

Well this update has been a little late, but I am in the middle of buying a house so its all been a bit frantic.

First off we headed to Plane of Valour to visit Aerin'dar the crystal Dragon. Now I havent gotten to kill a lot of Dragons so every one that goes down is still a real thrill for me. It was a bit messy (did they Up the power of his AOE?) but he still died good and proper.

Since he went down so quick (and dropped the Phat Lewtz!) and I got flagged to Halls of Honor! Kez made the call that we were off to HoH to do the first two trials. We couldn't do all 3 because Rydda'Dar wasn't up. So off we went, Im not going to go into too much detail here suffice it to say both of these are damn fun fights. Kudos to VI for going beyond the Pull MoB and kill it type of combat. I particularly liked the Village people fight.

Basically you clear a bunch of MoBs until you only have one left. You kill the final mob when you are ready and the trigger mob spawns. Kill the trigger to start the event.

Once a Custodian of Marr is dead the flag fights start. Once you have killed a butt load of nasty multi spawning MoBs ( you need damn good crowd control for these fights ) you then get a bunch of nameds spawn.

Once you complete the combat phase you hail the Planar Apparition and you get 2 of the 3 Character flags for the Temple of Mithaniel Marr. One of the nameds in the 2nd flagging was also kind enough to drop an Ornate Silk Robe Pattern. I think Kez was embarrassed that one of his Necro's was still wearing a Bonecasters Robe and he was kind enough to award the pattern to me. For those who don't know, 500pp and a lot of help from a high level tailor and brewer you end up with this.

Holy Shit it is a nice robe!. There are better robes out there, but not very many and most of them drop off MoBs like the Emperor or in VT. I remember reading up on this robe and the other Ornate stuff while I was on Karana and thinking I would never get to see any of it. Now I am wearing the Robe!. /Hug SA. The only pieces I have left that I still need to return to people in SA who have loaned them to me are, one earring, both bracers and I still need to find me a pair of Boots and Im wearing all my own gear again!

So after we got 2/3 flags for Mithaniel we headed off to BOT for some tower killing. Two tower bosses died in rapid succession and dropped Nada
/rude VI

Next week our raid night is immediately after the Patch! so there should be LOTS of good targets up WOOT!

Little Red Fire Engine survived all the fights cause he wasnt there :)

No comments: