Thursday, September 28, 2006

Intro

I've done this the better part of all my life, writing that is. When I was a kid I would carry a note book around and a smooth writing ink pen with me everywhere. I was famous for it at school. Bullies would avoid me in case I "wrote about them". I'm not sure why that would have been a threat worthy of granting immunity from bullies but it was.

So anyway, the basics. Male, 35, of European descent, born in South Africa, traveled to New Zealand when I was 5 and grew up there. I spent most of my working life in the hospitality industry running bars and restaurants, usually for a pittance and with the added bonus of getting no respect for being extremely good at my job.

So I decided to go back to school and study for a computer qualification. I graduated in 2000 and I've been working at the New Zealand Herald as a systems administrator ever since.

I've been a Geek all my life but its only recently that I have 'come out' so to speak and found the confidence to express my love for all things Geek. So this is my first post, one of many. I know I will move on and move up and I have in the past lost a lot of things like diaries and PDA's. This gives me a third party method of keeping all my random bullshit in one place.

No comments: