Friday, September 29, 2006

Im back

Well the original plan was that I had started this blog and would continue with it. Then a friend of mine asked me to help with and contribute to www.domain-admins.com so everything I had planned for this blog I then moved to that site.

A couple of weeks ago the ISP that was hosting the Domain-Admins.com site got hacked (or so they claim) and we lost 2 years worth of work. Now thats not too bad, I can understand someone being malicious, it is after all what I spend my working day guarding against. What is absolutely unacceptable was that they had absolutely no backups.

How the hell, in an IT company who's entire existance depends on the safety and integrity of its data can you NOT have backups?. It absolutely boggles my mind.

So if I can get any of the data back and oh god I hope I can, I will be updating this blog rather than domain-admins.com. I will upload all of the old stuff here.

Off to try and see if I can save any of my data.

No comments: