Saturday, May 15, 2004

Everquest Southern Armada Raids Week Sixty Four

15/05/04 Week Sixty Four
This weeks update bought to you late thanks to TooMuchWorkToDo, MyBossIsAway, Eminem and Last Nights Raid.

Oops was that Time Tier's 1, 2 and 3?. We seem to have skipped our way past them without noticing. I think we will still have the odd hiccup with these Tiers but on the whole we have them pretty much down.
ooo Ooo Pick me Pick me!
Avatar of the Elements being eaten alive by Horror
Finally we got through Tiers 1,2,3 and on to the fun stuff. Tier 4!. The call was for Tallon Zek and Vallon Zek to die first, so we formed up and engaged Tallon first. Why Tallon?, well mainly cause of the two brothers he is the easiest, but secondarily because we need his room. *wink wink* There you go, there's a leet strat for you!.
Waiting to Die
Don't worry your turn will come
Tallon went down pretty easy, not quite a perfect kill but close. I really need to go and buy a lot more resist gear. I have a bunch of PR/DR gear but its becoming obvious that I need more Magic/FR and probably ultimately CR gear as well. One thing no-one tells you when you are gearing up for Time, its all about resists.
They look remarkably similar when dead Don't you think?
The Guild killed Vallon last week but this was my first turn at him. Once we had the adds figured out and how to handle them he went down pretty easy. We had a bit of an issue once he was dead tho. It seems the Clerics decided that since they had kept the MT alive for the entire Vallon fight they would go and have a wee rest. So when the tanks started to engage the Adds they went down like ninepins!. From all the cursing from the tanks I would assume they weren't very happy about that!.
Then came Cazic Thule. He is a very basic Model and a very old one, but he is still one of my favorites in the game. The last time I engaged this guy was on Karana in the Plane of Fear with The Silent Watch. TSW had their asses handed to them 3-4 times before they managed to drop him. Southern Armada dropped his bigger oh-so-very-much-badder brother first time.
The other reason he is my favorite MOB is that he drops my Robe. I just need the Robe to complete my ensemble. At that point I can go back to regular LewtzHoring. I spent sooooo long trying to finish my ToV silks and never managed it. I am absolutely determined to finish my Miragul's silk set. One piece needed, the Robe and I'm done!
Unfortunately it just wasn't to be on Thursday, and the Robe was awarded to a feelthy Wizzie!. Grats Arradien on being the first Time Silk robe in the Armada! (I'm so jealous mate:) ) It looks very cool with that shiny forehead!. Its going to look better on me of course!
The came Rallos Zek. Much like his lower planes counterpart this guy has caused us a bit of trouble. Now Rallos is my favorite model in the game bar none, but I do prefer to see him flat on his back.
We had him, we fucking had him and then...

I Don't know how but someone somehow managed to aggro the Guards in front of Innoruuk on the other side of the room damn it. We were down to the last set of adds, Rallos was dieing smoothly and suddenly we had a half dozen denizens of Hate to contend with as well. We tried, we almost had it, we were still killing Rallos, his adds were being handled and the Innoruuk adds were being off tanked as well. Then we seemed to just run out of healers and the off tanks started to die. Kez called the reset and we aborted. Damn.

So lessons learned; Clear ALL the guards in front of the Gods in Tier 5 before engaging.

So, frustrated and pissed off we turned our eyes to Bertoxxulous. We had to wait for Tank disciplines to reset before we could take another shot at Rallos, so we had 10-15 minutes to wait, so we took our first shot at Bert. I was extremely surprised, he died first try. I really didn't think a Tier 5 God would be that easy to kill!. Mr Berty died fairly fast and gave up his Lewtz for the good of SA.
Then it was time for Rallos again. Unfortunately we had about 6 people leave at this point and that lack of firepower hurt us. We engaged and it was going beautifully!. The adds were handled and Rallos was going down cleanly. Then an off tank died, then an MT died, then another, then another off tank and the effects just snowballed.
So at 3% Rallos escaped us. I swear I could hear the fat bastard laughing at us as he stalked back over our prone bodies to his spawn spot. Bastard.
He dies next week.

Now as I was preparing for the Raid this week I received a somewhat extraordinary tell. I do not know if this was from a Guildies Alt, from someone on EQ IM, it didn't appear to be cross server but I couldn't reply and the person didn't show up as online on Prexus. I havent seen or heard from this person again.

Maybe they sent it exactly as they were about to log out I don't know. But Brigin doesn't seem to be a fan of SA for some reason.

No comments: