Thursday, January 15, 2004

Everquest Southern Armada Raids Week Fourty Seven

15/01/04 Week FourtySeven
Saturday afternoon, as I was stuffing about trade skilling I saw that the good folk over at Unity were forming up for Fenin Ro. Now we had tried Fenin a couple of months ago and failed due to a lack of Clerics online (we got him to 80% with 4 clerics and 2 bots). I wanted to see how Unity did the kill, just to see if we were doing it radically differently or to see if I could pick up some tips for whenever our next shot would be.
So I headed over to Plane of Fire, joined up with Unity at the picnic tables and Unity did exactly as I expected, They smoothly fought their way past the triggers and named's and took out Fenin Ro the Tyrant of Fire. No real surprises, nothing unusual or innovative in their technique, just a clean take down.
The Southern Armada's next raid was Tuesday night. We formed up and the call was for a single ring in the Elemental Plane of Earth, then the Arbitor of Earth and finally a few shots at the Elemental Plane of Air. So we all headed over to Earth, setup, and begin to pull and kill the Ring of Dust.
Do I have some spinach in my teeth?
We ran through the ring with no major hiccups and quickly downed a Perfected Warder of Earth.
I think someone must have already cleared all the other rings and thus we only needed to drop the one ring in order to spawn the Arbitor. We fought our way across the zone until we reached the Gemmed Guardians who guard the entrance to the tunnels of the Mystical Arbitor of Earth.
Finally we reached the Arbitor and with no fuss we dropped him. This stuff is getting easier and easier for us. After a bit of a rocky period post SA reaching the Elemental Planes, with lots of people stepping off and having a wee rest from raiding, SA is nearly back to its old self. MOBs like the Arbitor are smoothly and serenely ganked with no problems. We are ready to kill Gods now, the remaining farming between us and getting a shot at RC, Xegony, Fenin, and Coirnav is just going to make us killing them even easier.
Getting Funky!

Surprisingly after the Arbitor fell over, the call was not to Air but to the Elemental Plane of Fire instead. So we TL'd our asses out of Earth and headed across to SS1 where we proceeded to lay the smack down on the evil Quavonis Firetail, he was so embarrassed about putting up such a poor showing against us that he was determined to hide his face.

Druav Flamesinger. What can I say. Dead. Again.
Once the Raid Leaders had determined that we had cleared Fire of all available targets, it was time for the Plane of Air. First named up was Pherlondien Clawpike, an ugly MOB with a stupid name and phat, phat Lewtz.
Next up, after several tens of thousands of yard trash MOB's got stuck with sharp bits of steel, it was time for the Avatar of Wind. At this point a lot of people were logging and I think the Avatar was as embarrassed as Firetail, as we killed him with only about half a raid.
That was it for me and about 2:15am I logged and crawled off to my incredibly hot and muggy bed.
The Trackers of Spawn times had determined that there was a strong possibility of Fenin Ro popping for us on Wednesday which was technically a non raid day. I was logged on and running around in LDoN adventures, many others were logging in and out to check as we waited for Fenin to pop. It was getting on for 10:30pm and I was beginning to wonder if it was going to pop early enough for us to get a decent shot. And then..
*POP*
A Guardian of Doomfire is INC and Fenin RO is going to die!
There are many named's on the way to Fenin. Most of them drop no loot (except rarely) and yet are every bit as tough as named's in other Elemental zones. They have been known to trip up over eager or unprepared guilds. Basically if you cant take out these guys you have no business attempting Fenin Ro
Reaxnous the Chaoslord
Missing image
Finally we had all the named trash cleared and were into the Council of Fire. The first to die was Chancellor Kirta.
Then came, and fell, Chancellor Traxom.
Warlord Prollaz
Missing image
The council fell as smooth as silk. In fact as we warmed up, they died faster than ever. Finally, close to 2:00am, after a few moments to explain strat, prep and rebuff it was time. Fenin Ro is inbound!.

With the crew we had online I had no doubts at all that he would die. What I really didn't anticipate was how cleanly he would die. I killed him with Unity on Saturday and they have taken him down many, many times. This was our first shot at him and I have to say, if anything it was smoother that even Unity did it.
I knew we had him at 80%, everything was ticking over flawlessly, heals were going in smooth as silk, the Necro's were landing everything and Nuking in between. Even the Wizzies were managing to not get summoned and keeping focus on the MT. If anything this was, for us a very conservative kill. I know I was being extremely cautious about my aggro and was FD'ing after just about every single DOT. I suspect as we do him a few more times and get a bit more confident, this kill will get faster and faster.
This was close to a flawless kill. We lost one Monk on the pull (as you do) and that was it. Pooby stayed up the whole time, even after /def expired and we never had to do a tank switch.
/cheer Pooby
/cheer the Heal teams
/cheer the Pull teams
/cheer Southern Armada
One God down. Three to go.
The Final Humiliation
Fenin Ro the Tyrant of Fire as an SA Necro Pet
So two days in a row it was an after 2.00am bed time. I need to sleep now. Friday is our next raid. So its going to be me, Bourbon, and whatever the Lewt Gods bring us.
The Southern Armada Fenin Ro Crew
Friday,
there were after work drinkies, then there were after work drinkies drink's, so by the time I got home I was pretty pissed. I logged in, did a quick LDoN adventure for some fast points and headed to the Plane of Earth for the first raid. Beyond Horror, I still haven't actually bought anything in LDoN. The only additional item I actually give a crap about, I am still 200 points short of, I will get there but Im not too worried.
First up the Ring of Dust. Many many Devotees give their lives in the cause of Southern Armada's pursuit of PhatLewts.
The of course comes the boss, a Perfected Warder of Earth. He cant be that perfect, he keeps dieing.
Then the Ring of Vine *yawn*. At this point the booze and the fact that my computer room is small and very very muggy on this night starts to catch up with me.
Ring of Mud. A Monsterous Mudwalker prepares to die. I'm having trouble focusing at this point.
Ring of Stone. Peregrin Rockskull prepares to die horribly. I am consuming vast amounts of water in an effort to stay awake and fend off my hangover
Coat and Shoes MoB. Tanitsala Jaggedtooth the biggest crocodile the world of Norrath has ever known shows Pooby the soft spot under her belly. She is sick of dieing to us and figured she may as well make it fast. Luckily I use EQWatcher advanced, I have it set to speak to me when DOTS wear off. So on this raid I was casting all my dots, FD'ing, standing, sitting to med, sleeping and waiting for EQwatcher to say "Horror is off" before having to wake up and actually do something about it.
So quite literally I can say I have done Earth Rings in my sleep.
That was it for me. It was only about 1:30am but I simply couldn't stay awake any longer, hell I wasnt awake anyway, the booze and the heat were combining to send me off to dreamland. So I made my apologies and logged while SA headed off to drop the Arbitor of Earth.

No comments: