Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Everquest Southern Armada Raid Week Fourty Two

10/12/03 Week FourtyTwo
I was very tempted to just lead off today's update with a lot of swearing, I had this loooooong list of abusive terms like "Cock Smokers", "Cum Guzzlers", "Butt Monkeys", "Ass Clowns", "Piss Stains", "Anal Tears" and they should lick my sweaty under nuts and other nasty and unpleasant terms of that nature.
Why you ask was I in the mood to say abusive things like "Smeg scraping small dicked no necks" about such a marvelous company as the monolithic, monopolistic anti-competitve assholes over at Telecom?.

Well basically because after 3 days of being dicked around by them I finally proved what I have been telling them for the last 12 months.
THERE IS A HARDWARE PROBLEM YOU WANKERS
No it is not my PC, no I didn't suddenly completely change all my settings and install an application that is taking up 50% of the ADSL bandwidth the moment I turn the PC on. When I go link-dead ten times in a night I am NOT imagining it (One asshole actually asked me "are you sure" when I said my connection was dropping every 10 minutes)
So there are no updates this week. I have missed 3 raids due to no internet connection at all. That includes 2 full VT raids where they have had Robes of Secrets and Sanguine Robes dropping like candy!. Along with the Emperors Robe they are easily the best Robes in the game short of Quarm and Time

However all is fixed now. I shall be online for Fridays raid, and if I am very good VT will pop for us next Tuesday!.
Friday
This weeks quote of the week is brought to you by the Tower of Solusek Ro and, what I can only assume is just way to much beer!.
For those who cant read writing that small, I shall translate. 

Axixs tells the group: I suck MAJORLY
Firkasse tells the group: I swallow
I'm sure you two boys will be very happy together :) I'm still laughing over that little exchange!.
Next up is a shot of Nobby in his new robe. The Sanguine Robe is one of the top 3 robes in the game for Necro's as it comes with good stats, hp and a decent dose of Regen. Nobby received his during a late run into VT (woot I get an SS of AHR this Tuesday I hope!). Now Nobby and I work together, so for the last week I have had him walking past my desk, stopping, doing a little dance, and walking on. Every time I talk to him he starts the sentence with "By the way, did I tell you about my new robe?!"
By the way did I tell you Gnomes suck! Grats Anobis, you look very seksah in your new robe mate!
So on to raiding!. First call Friday was to the Elemental Plane of Earth where we were going to spawn the Arbitor for some more POEb keys. The pullers started and the fun part of POEa began, the AOE pulls.
Typical SA Monk pull "Some inc"
After we had dropped at least one ringboss it was decided that none of the loot mobs were up. So we would essentially be doing all 4 rings and the Arbitor for no loot at all. At this point the raid leaders decided "stuff this" and took us all off to the Elemental Plane of Fire where several nice, fat mobs full of loot awaited us. I was happy about this for two reasons. Firstly as I may have mentioned in passing, I hate POE. Secondly I had a mate with me who was watching over my shoulder to learn a bit about EQ and raiding.
Standing staring at a wall for 4 hours wouldn't have kept him all that entertained. So showing him the pretty Phoenix's and what came after was a far better way to get him interested!
Sunmane died fast and clean. I'm not quite sure what happened next but somehow we got aggro from Dawneyes. Within seconds of Sunmane dieing Dawneyes was inc. We weren't really setup for him but what the hell we tried it. He was at about 45% when we wiped.
After the reform we nailed Dawneyes hard and spat on his corpse just to say 'don't do that again!'
The final kill in Plane of Fire was our old friend the inimitable General Druav Flamesinger. No offense to the good General Flamesinger but we want Reparm!, we want Reparm!. Reparm is always dead so we don't get many shots at him.
Then there was the call I really wasn't expecting, with a mate with me and eager to chat and a skin full of Bourbon, to be honest I really wasn't to sure how I was going to cope with it. "Rallos Zek is UP, get your asses to Tactics!"
Now we haven't had a chance at RZtW for a while, several people still don't have his flag and we need several more BoW's for the guild's warriors. So Friday's hit on him was gong to be a good way to wrap several things up at once.
So of course after a fast form up in the entry to Tactics we headed up, grabbed the triggers, pulled em to the engage spot, killed em and ganked Tallon Zek. I think a couple of people died but I'm not sure, we may have gotten though it unscathed.
Next of course was Vallon Zek. We cleared his body guards away and he came alone. The off tanks handled the splitters beautifully and he went down just as fast as little brother Tallon.
Now its time for Rallos Zek. We clear up to his room, form up against the wall and he is INC!
I don't think he like his picture being taken. About 2 seconds after I took this shot I ended up on his 'Page list and ended the fight as a thin red smear. Not sure how I ended up on 'Page, I hadn't cast on him, I was even in the top ten people into the room, I didn't think I was that close to him. Must have done something to piss him off tho as I had to sit and watch the fight from my spawn point.
So then of course its down, into the pit for Rallos Zek the Warlord. Pets were grabbed, kiters assigned and he was pulled.
Now all the way through this cycle I had been mildly surprised at the speed and efficiency with which we were killing mobs. When I saw the speed at which we were dropping Rallos Zek's HP bar I was, to the say the least, amazed. Rallos had time to spawn one wave of adds which were easily handled, before we watched him die. He went down easier than the first beer of a Friday night!. Several weeks of farming the elementals have increased our DPS and efficiency to a huge degree!
He was also kind enough to drop a Blade of War for us!. Grats Firky on your new Pointything!.
That was about it for me. Auckland has been insanely muggy the last few weeks. Its running about 25C at night and 80% or so humidity. I had been sitting in a small room, with another person for nearly 7 hours without moving. It was 1:30AM and I was just dieing, hot, sweaty, uncomfortable and just a wee bit pissed, so even tho it was rather early for a Friday raid I headed to bed.

Over this weekend, inspired by the fabulous Xardan the Mad, I decided to go hard in Miraguls LDoN adventures and get Horror. So Saturday I pushed really hard for Miraguls groups and thanks to all the people who hung around especially for me to get the final points, I bought Horror late saturday afternoon!.
Coming to you next Tueday, VT VT VT VT!! Woot!

No comments: