Saturday, April 09, 2011

Motorbikes

I love them, I love being out on my bike, out on the road on a sunny day. However I am completely crap at doing anything at all mechanical. I changed my battery today and on my way to the mechanics to have the bike serviced, it died. I have no idea why, initially I thought the PCV had died which left me with a bike that was I'm possible to start.

Thank god I signed up for 24/7 roadside assist. I called them and they had a truck out to pick me up in less than an hour. The frustrating thing was I got the bike home and into the garage and just for shits and giggles I turned the key one more time to see if it would turn over.

What do you know, it fired up perfectly first time and ran with no issues for 5 minutes. Why?. I have no fucking idea. I am planning on taking the M out for a run tomorrow and I have bought a new battery to put in it. The battery is juicing up now and I am hoping that I will put it in and it's all going to work perfectly. However referring back to my original comment, I am crap at anything mechanical so I reckon it will all be fucked tomorrow morning.

If the bike gods are happy with me it's all going to work perfectly, the new battery will get the bike started and the trickle charge will have provided enough power to get me started again once I stop for lunch in kulnura.

Update tommorow, hopefully a good one.

No comments: