Sunday, November 07, 2004

Everquest Raids Southern Armada Week Eighty Five

7/11/04 Week Eighty Five


Pain, much pain. I am suffering from the delayed effects of a motorcycle crash I had recently. I have developed a condition called Torticollis or "angry neck'. What it comes down to is that my neck, shoulder and arm are causing me severe pain. I cannot get comfortable and I am eating painkillers like lollies. So far I have seen a Doctor, an Osteopath and a Chiropractor. I am also getting massages and all of this is costing me a fucking fortune. No one yet has given me anything beyond "it takes time". Well they have all said it should get better within 5-7 days and I'm now in my 11th day with no relief.


One problem I have is that even when sick I usually at least have the option to play EQ and make me feel better. Unfortunately at the moment I cant even do that as I find it even more painful than the normal level of pain to sit at the PC. So I haven't been able to play ANY PC games in 2 weeks! *twitch*


This update will thus be brief.


Monday: Time
We romped through killed everything, received vast amounts of Phat Phat Lewtz. It was good (I wasn't there)


Thursday: Uqua
Fucked up badly. We wiped before we even made it to the first AOE room. We then managed to totter our way through to the Construct of Fury and the Construct of Rage and managed another partial wipe.


We dropped Tqiv Araxt the Enraged and Tqiv Qukret the Furious and then managed to wipe again, twice.


At this point the Raid leaders called it, mainly because the more you wipe, the harder the end zone bosses get, so at this point Vrex Barxt Qurat would be unbeatable.
I almost think some days that Time is bad for us. We can cruise through Time and we often do. This makes us lazy and its not until we run into a zone like Uqua where we need the discipline that got us to Time that we really start to mess up.

No comments: