Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Everquest Southern Armada Raids Week Seventy

29/06/04 Week Seventy
There wasn't a whole lot left standing in Time after last weeks sterling effort. So we formed up, crushed Tier One and headed straight up to Tier Five. I had this feeling that Cazic Thule was going to drop the Wand of Impenetrable Force tonight. Why you ask and why would I care?.

Well I dunno why I had the feeling, but the reason I cared is that in Time every Class gets a classic specific item, with two exceptions. The Necromancer and Wizard class share an item.
That item is the Wand of Impenetrable Force. So far we have had 3 drop and I was quite interested in the possibility of a 4th. The major reason for that (apart from its my Class item duh) is that with the upgrade of my Robe (WOOT!) the effect on my Wand of the Firestorm has become superfluous, the same goes with my Pus Covered Beetle Carapace in my offhand. So now I am looking for main and offhand items that I can upgrade and there is none better than the Force Wand.

So we pulled Mr Thule put him in a corner and sure enough, that feeling in my Water was correct. He dropped the wand!. I sent in a tell and then actually walked away to watch Sopranos (Christopher was about to get his head blown off by Tony!)

There were only 4 tells sent so it didn't seem to be a popular item. I kept an eye on the screen and when I started to see green spam I walked back. I actually had to page up to confirm but there it was!. Woot one Wand of Impenetrable Force! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
This is a screen shot of Ulaa in her Haute Couture. The Red robe of Miragul, The Wand of Impenetrable Force and the Pus Covered Beetle Carapace. As you can tell the shield sticks out like an off the rack!, it will be replaced!.
Ahem anyway, next up was Inny. We pulled him, he died, it was all good. At this point in the night I actually started to lag really badly. I don't know why but out of the blue my packet loss went from 0% to spiking between 25-50%. Just before we moved up to the Quarm prep room I went LD.
The problem was definitely on Prexus or close to it. All of my local IPs were responding promptly but as soon as I hit the west coast of the US I started to loose connections.

So I got back in and rejoined the raid just as they ported up to Quarm. We spent a few minutes sorting tactics and Quarm was inc, I started to move down to get in behind the Clerics and..... went LD. I hate that. Moving when Link Dead is so annoying as you just know you are going to die and there is nothing you can do about it. Sure enough I came back to a log on screen that indicated I was nekkid in the plane of Tranquility.

So I ran back into Time, but as we didn't have an anchor and the raid was engaged I couldn't get back to TimeB. So I sat and medded and watched GU for any signs of what was going on. Wouldn't you know it, LD again. I came back just in time to see the Death call. God damnit.
Ah well, Shit happens. I'm not quite going to say he is on the farm list, but we started the fight with 70 and ended it with 62 in zone. So one more kill like that and he is definitely farmable.
Xardan The Brown
We did a fast clear down to Rondo and an equally fast kill.
SA went on to kill a few named's in Ferubi but I decided I would take the rare opportunity to have an early night and headed for bed just after 1:00am. Thursday will be a big night with all of 1,2,3,4, RZ and Bert up.

Fast Update as I am buggered after last nights raid. I have pickies, will update Monday.

Tier One
The officers very politely described our progress through Tier One as "Shaky". I actually thought it was close to a complete cock up. We eventually decided to pull our heads out of our collective asses (I was as guiulty as anyone) and get our shit together.

To paraphrase Wolfestar "We backed up the truck, loaded up our PhatLewtz and pissed off home". Eloquently put and a good description I thought Wolfe.

Time is now Pharmable and Im sure we will learn to absolutely loathe it eventually, but right now I am still having a blast. There is no thrill as good in EQ as dropping a God, except maybe dropping that God for the first time.

Thats pretty much it really.

No comments: