Monday, August 04, 2003

Everquest Southern Armada Raids Week Twenty Four

04/08/03 Week Twenty Four

Wow, what a night. Just wow. Southern Armada's demonstration of DPS and control against Bertoxxulous would be I believe, second to nobody. Maybe KTF could do it faster but not with more style.

First up. The traditional Banord "My Loot table is up my ass" Paffa smacking. I have completely blown out my merit this week, I don't even want him to drop the damn earring for me. I just want him to drop it to justify the continuous and extensive beat down we have laid on him. There is a number of Necromancer's in SA who DESERVE that earring and that fat bastard should drop it.

Now since we were in the Crypt of Decay and Bert was showing his ugly face we decided to get revenge for last weeks little fubar. We kicked off the event and just powered through it. We dropped the Ten Kings inside of 65 minutes. Within 70 we had added Bertoxxulous to that total. Just wow, it was smooth, it was clean and it had style. What a Kill!. I actually managed to get a couple of pic's of the various Kings as well.

Darwol Adan

Pzo Ardan

Meedo Adan

And finally the rotting, skinny swine him self...

Bertoxxulous,
God of Disease and all things smelly (Dwarves)

I actually really like the Bert run, its fun, its challenging and it really sorts out who can and who cant when it comes to Guilds. You get it wrong once during Bert and its a wipe, as we proved last week.

Now each of the 10 kings has a chance to drop at least one fairly decent item, its a small chance but its there. Last night we just about got them all!. Mallee got one of the coolest toys I have seen in game so far. I didn't turn on spell effects so you cant see the cool blue flame dripping off it!. Grats mate!, you deserved to upgrade that sword :)

I, mean while managed to replace the crappy shoes I had been wearing with a brand new (well rotting and diseased really) pair. I really wasn't expecting that at all!. I figured after last weeks shield upgrade I would be out for quite some time!. I think I now have all of the focus items including the incredibly rare (6 on the server I've been told) Burning Affliction 4 item, the Ceramic Shackles of Torment. That's the item that looks like a black sword with red runes I carry in my Primary. I have never owned anything in the Game that I get requests to link. The Shackles I get link requests for every day.

I was talking to a young Nec who had sent me a tell asking me a question and during the course of the conversation he came out with "Everyone knows the Uber Necro's of Southern Armada". Apparently the 10+ active raiding Necro's in SA are well known around the server. We find it quite funny to do a "/who all necro 65" and ninety percent of the names are SA.

Wow!, 6 months ago I was just a young-un yearning for the "high end game" without really understanding what that meant. Now I'm an "Uber Necro" in an Uber Guild. Holy shit how did that happen?

Anyway enough rambling, more Killing. While we were dropping Bert, Paffa showed his fat ass again. He peered into the darkness and thought "Oh Goody, Southern Armada isn't here, I can come out and pretend to be a big man for a little bit". A very stupid idea Mister Paffa, very stupid indeed. We zoned out, back in and smacked him.

Next up was Bastion Of Thunder Tower's. There is so much trash in the way before you get to the fun stuff..

Vann Militis

along with a smattering of named's...

Iri

Now maybe it was because we were already pumped from killing Bert but the clearing of trash seemed to go a lot faster than usual and we very quickly pulled and killed:

Kuanbyr Hailstorm

a quick change of Towers and it was time for Eindride Icestorm

The rest of SA decided to keep going and I believe they dropped the remaining 2 Tower Bosses in short order. At this point it was close to 2:00am and I decided it was time to log. This Thursday's Raid is going to rock!, we have a big patch Wednesday so we should be able to get the drop on much Gankable goodness including multiple runs at Rallos. (Sol Ro Mini's please please please!)

Wednesday, patch ran for a million hours so no post patch Ganking. Then of course there is the traditional post patch, patch because SOE couldn't get a patch right with a gun to their head. We managed a quick run across to Sanctus Seru for a fast Lord Inquisitor Seru drop and that was about it.

He died, I logged, there wasn't a lot more to it so I was really hoping for big things on Saturday. Along with a butt load of dicking around and waiting, I pretty much got big things!.

I had a largely quiet weekend this week. All the Sydney peeps got together for some heavy drinking on Friday night. So Friday I logged in, checked all the usual solo spots (camped), checked for any groups (no, all full of bots, its weird, 2xbotting just wasn't done on Karana, on Prexus its incredibly common), talked to a couple of friends, checked to see if my VP key Mob was up (nope and camped anyway), thought casually about logging in my Tank (Woot he's across!!) and decided to log off and feel depressed cause everyone was drinking and I couldn't go. :( WAAAHH!! I want my drinking buddy back!! *sulks*

Say hello to my leetle friend!
Garakk Grimsoul

So I had a pretty quiet night Friday. Saturday was a different proposition!. Logged on late to find Unity doing RZ and already 90% of the way through. So I ran around and did some of those housekeeping things you always need to do, Food, Water, 'Dots, Bones etc until they were finished with the kill.

Initially the Unity raid Leaders said head for POEarth, then they changed their minds and we all headed out to the Tower of Solusek Ro because Solusek Ro, the Burning Prince, was up and preparing himself for death!. Zoned in, formed up, fought our way through the trash to Sol Ro's room. Now I am not flagged for Sol Ro's room, you need to kill all 5 mini's and I haven't managed to get into a pickup to do that, and a hell of a lot of other people weren't. The raid leaders of Unity (/bow to Xomax) put a hell of a lot of time, effort and sweat into making sure as many people as possible were in that room for the fight.

After all the Drama of getting people in to his room and a lot of waiting we were finally ready for Sol Ro himself.

He's waiting for us!

A Close up of his Highness...

We cleared his guards, waited a bit more, prepped and Sol Ro was Incoming!

Oops wrong position...

Now that's better, stay there...

I ended up on the 'page list as he was dropping tanks like flies at one point, it came very close to a wipe and Unity was combat rezzing people back in, but damn they recovered beautifully and took him out. One round of 1800 swats from him and I went Splat. However I was rezzed back in facing the PP, hailed him and DING! Plane of Fire enabled!.

I zoned in just to say I had done it, completely forgot to take a Screenie and zoned out. That was about it. There is only one spot to solo in POFire and its pretty much perma camped by Necro's, so until Southern Armada starts to raid into the Elemental Zones I probably wont get to go back into them a lot.

Someone objected to last weeks screen shot of a single mob being engaged by a group with all graphics on. They said it doesn't really show what a fully engaged MOB look's like during a raid. So lets correct that. Play spot the MOB with me. These are two screen shots of a MOB in Sol Ro's Tower fully engaged by Unity, taken from (subjective) about 60 feet away. Can you see the MOB?

And happy birthday to me!

This is my sixth month on Prexus WOOT!

No comments: