Thursday, July 24, 2003

Everquest Southern Armada Raids Week Twenty Two

24/07/03 Week Twenty Two

Well Tuesday was not a good day for the Guild. We logged in and the scouts went out. Tracking Bots in Ssra, Kael Drakkal, The Deep, POD, POTac, HOH, POV, COD, HOT, Sol Ro, all reported back nada. There was nothing up anywhere at all. A whole raid of pissed off, mostly drunk, some slightly stoned Aussie's and Kiwis wondering what the hell to do next!!.

Kez sensed this (Jedi senses tingling!) and rather than call the whole thing off led us to the Deep where we proceeded to lay the smack down on the Burrower Beast.

Is it just me or is this getting easier and easier?. After that, and all of us praying for Rallos Zek the Warlord to pop (he didn't) we decided to hit NToV. Now normally I would be the first bastard in line to go and keel everything in NToV as I only ever did one (very unsuccessful) raid into there on Karana. I would love to have wandered through and slaughtered Dragons left right and center.

Problem is my Boots suck major assage. The two best boots in the game for Necro's outside of the Elementals are White Dragon Scale Boots and Decayed Shoes of the Plaguebringer. The Shoes of the Plaguebringer drop from Bertoxxulous and we are very very unlikely to see another pair. The Dragonscale boots require Ally faction to Lord Yelinak to do the hand in of Tormax's head. Guess what an NToV crawl is going to do?, you guessed it, trash my faction with Lord Yelinak. :( As I am far more likely to see KT's head than I am a pair of Bert's shoes, I decided to err on the side of caution and not continue the raid. If I ever replace my crappy boots and they call another NToV raid, I will be there.

So very reluctantly I logged out and went to bed. I surely hope tonight brings us more luck.

The raid continued on and thoroughly trashed everything in NToV, drops are were fast and many and Grats to those who were there.

Well Tuesday night once again the scouts went out. The Euro/American Guilds again hadn't left us a lot. Mithaniel Marr was up and The Emperor was due but that was about it. We formed up in Crypt of Decay for a little early Paffa Gankage. I don't think the fucker drops the Earring anymore, this means he needs to be killed over and over for sheer vengeance.

Fat Waste of Time Bastard

After that we hung about for 5 minutes or so while the officers decided what to hit next. The Blood popped in Ssraeshza Temple and that made up their minds, off to Gank the Emperor!. So, much porting, running, galloping later (did I mention my Black Horsie!? WOOT!) and we were formed up in Ssra. Fight up to the third floor and kill off as many named's as we can for an hour two and get a few more final key pieces.

With a couple more keys done and the raid numbers expanded even further we moved into the Emperors Room. Set up, pre target, move in and Kez tells Hilly "Bring me Snakes :)".

Doesn't he have a way with words !! Arrows fly, the Blood of Ssraeshza comes, Crowd Control does their thing, Hilly calls Assist, the Blood dies, adds under control, Emp due to pop. Kez goes LD. Err bugger, never mind, we know what we are doing right!?.

Clerics move to Position, Lucina is in place and ready with weapon shield, Pooby has Def ready and AE taunt good to go. POP Emp is here.

Err aggro?, who has it?, oops Malina down, where's Page?, its on that druid, err no its not cause he's dead, now its on that cleric, err nope he's dead too. Pooby runs over (Cause Emp is standing with the casters) and tries to drag him off and over to the fight spot. Nope he doesn't want to move, he seems happy where he is.

Where is healage?, its dieing a lot from Rampage it seems. Necro's are rezzing, damn out of EE's, Pooby down, Hill tanking, Emp in with the healers = BAD, move his ass out of there, Pooby up, buffed and gtg, Necro's dumping to Healers and CC as they come back from Rezzes, also keeping damage streams on the Emp at the same time.

Pooby gets aggro, healers get back online, CC seems in control, Necs have a chance to med, Wizzies are just doing the wizzie thing and nuking the crap out of Emp, Necs have start an LB chain, rangers are going hard out, a victory snatched from the jaws of defeat again.

The PhatLewtz flowed from both the Blood and the Emperor himself!

Now one man has moaned, whined, bitched, yelled, screamed, niggled and just generally annoyed the hell out of everybody about a particular piece of loot for the last 5-6 months. Well last night he was rewarded (after the Necro's spent most of the night telling him how it wasn't going to drop cause we/he sucked) with Koadic's Robe of Heightened Focus. Grats Xinen mate!, well deserved! The Necro's as a group (Bar one cause we couldn't let him have it completely unopposed) all stayed out of the tells for that one cause we hate to see a grown Wizzie cry, Druids on the other hand....

Before Die Job

After Die Job

In fact that means Xinen has had 2 drops from successive Emperor kills! Lucky bastard!. Kodiacs is easily one of the top three robes in the game and every dress wearer in the guild is envious as hell.

We succoured out to the Zone line and started to form up to have a go at the Cursed. I was quite ready to hang out and stay for this one, but prep time stretched and stretched and I realized it was after 1:00am and I was just about asleep at the keyboard. So I called my Goodbye's, logged and headed for bed.

This weekend was awesome. I didn't get on till late as I had to do some remote work in Whangerei (don't worry most Kiwis can't pronounce it correctly either). Once I had finished the work I logged in and checked in with the nice folks in Unity. They were just forming up in Tactics to hit Tallon Zek. I figured what the hell, today is a good day to die and joined up with them. They formed up, fought their way in ( HATE those goddamn splitters and their damn debuff's) and promptly dropped Tallon.

I am actually seriously considering buying or pursuing the words for Group Dead Man Floating. DMFing 70+ raids one by one is a pain. But its kinda fun to get buff requests as a Necro. Those who do it all the time probably hate it but as a Necromancer I kind of enjoy it.

I survived Tallon!, that's twice!. I think I get it now. No DOT's, just Nuke the hell out of him and FD a lot. I got caught in the periphery of one of his blasts but tapped the hp back and it was all good. Not a lot else was up and Unity leadership was casting around for a target. I was on my hands and knee's in front of the PC praying to the Gods of EQ that Rallos would pop. We had a sacrificed a pally (or three) to them during the Tallon Zek fight so I figured that must be good enough!.

Nope, still not up so they decided the next fight would be in Halls of Honor to visit Mithaniel Marr. Just as I was about to zone into Halls of Honor and head to MM the officers called "Rallos Zek is UP!!"

Woot! so we all run back to Tactics, the call is going out in /GU and Southern Armada members start to head towards Tactics. As we zone in we realize that there are a number of Talionis people formed up in zone as well. The buffage was short and sweet and we start to head up towards RZ and the triggers. Words are exchanged at various points by Unity and Talionis until it is requested in /RAID that no-one says anything to any member of Tali.

I believe the raid leaders comments were something along the lines of "Let our deeds speak for us not words". Good call. Much negotiating went on in the back ground, at one point we were waiting with the TZ trigger and Tali were in the other corridor with the VZ trigger. In the end the Unity and Talionis officers worked out a deal. Unity and SA all zoned/gated out and waited for Talionis to take a shot. They took out Tallon and then failed on Vallon. Now it was our turn.

First up we cleared through to the triggers, pulled them and had them in place. Unfortunately the Chat Channels chose that point to go down. Oh well, we continued on clearing trash, then it was discovered that there were 2 Tallon Zek's up. It was looking remarkably like the script was bugged. Of course at this point I am sitting there sweating, sooooooo close to Rallos again, and with all the grief from Talionis and SOE side problems it wasn't looking good for the kill. So we all logged out completely to try and restart Channels and reset the script. It worked yeah!.

Tallon about to die....

Vallon's about to die....

Rallos is about to die...

And finally the big bastard himself!

And that was that. Rallos Zek the Warlord owned, the Planar projection hailed, the Chief Librarian informed of the Death of Rallos, the Seer consulted..

and for the very first time I zoned into the Plane of Earth,

then the Plane of Air,

and finally the Plane of Water.

I did a quick check of the Guild to see where everyone was and noted several people had also zoned into POEarth. So I headed back there to see what they were up to just in time to see them kill a few MOB's from the Plane.

A Needlescale Hatchling

A big tree who's name I didn't get...

After that I was a bit lost. Unity were continuing on raiding but I didn't really feel like doing that. So I ran about to various places looking for a group. Sent tells out to all the guildies I could and got "No, FG" all round. Ah well, these things happen, checked all the solo camp spots, all taken, everyone on my friends list is either FG or otherwise occupied. I keep trying to get groups in Sol Ro's Tower. Not so much because of the Ornate drops (tho they are a bonus), more because the zone just looks so amazing and I really want to see a lot more of it. I cant wait for SA to start hitting the place regularly so we can have a good look around.

I had a good chat for a couple of minutes with one of the Unity officers while I was sitting in POW wondering what to do next. Finally Boobs saved me! "Come help me with my Epic" she says!. So we ran around to 4 zones, handed stuff to various Scouts which spawned various Monsters, which we promptly killed.

BIG Spidey!

BIG Doggie!

That last one was actually a pain in the ass. He managed to kill me twice, I really hate MOB's that Blind. Reminder to self, never go up against a MOB half assed, especially one you don't know!!. Once the MOB was deaded, Boobs looted it, we got some bit's, we ran back to some other guy and handed it all into him. I wish the bloody Necro Epic was even half that easy. That was a fun way to fill in an hour or two and once we were done I decided to head back to Sol Ro again and try my luck.

I met up with Mallee and she showed me how to aggro kite the nasty Guards around the lava fountain. That was fun till we ran into two bugged 20K hitting, summoning MOBs in a row and that was shut down rather rapidly. So its back LFG. I ended the evening soloing in Halls of Honor for some reasonably decent XP.

I have a problem. I have now achieved nearly everything I ever wanted to in EQ. I have killed the Emperor, I have a Black Horsie, I have a (near as makes no difference) full spell book, I have zoned into the Elemental Planes. The only thing I haven't done is fought in VT (coming soon). I have never really even considered zoning into Time, it was always just an impossible dream, now its actually possible I will have to think about it.

The only other thing I have really really wanted is to break the 3K HP mark, but that's really a loot-centric thing and its just not me. I need a new goal for Ulaa. I'm currently doing my VP key (somebody tell me there is a secret way to spawn the bloody Pained Soul Puleeeeese!). Maybe my goal should be to max out AA's?. maybe to lead a raid?, I shall have to think about it.

No comments: