Sunday, June 15, 2003

Everquest Southern Armada Raids Week Sixteen

15/06/03 Week Sixteen

This week started off with a wee romp through the Bastion Of Thunder in an xp group. We dropped three out of four Tower mini bosses. I have killed them so many times now I feel I know them by their first names.

Gaukr

Laef

Oreen

First Guild raid of the week was Tuesday. The usual warm up in Crypt of Decay was Overlord Banord "Someone has cut my earlobes off" Paffa, he was snapped up good and hard...

Since we were in the Crypt of Decay anyway, we decided to do a run through the Carpin Cycle.

Raex Pwodil
Vindor Mawnill

Bishop Toluwon

High Priest Ultor Szanvon

The cycle went just about flawlessly. Then it was time to hit the Plane of Innovation for some Manaetic Behemoth. Unfortunately we got a bit cocky, one spidey made it into the room and bang all our Tanks and Clerics were dead. We still managed to take him down to about 13% with only the casters, one tank and druids healing, before we went down.

That was pretty much it for Tuesday. Lots of Guild Flags obtained, not much in the way of loot.

We were originally going to be raiding on Thursday after the big Wednesday patch. Then of course we had the Great Prexus Crash of '03 and rollbacks all over the place. I lost a butt load of Shissar bane weapons (I had about 6 drops in Ssra in about 30 minutes, including the extremely elusive Shissar Ulak. Attann lost not one but two 2nd floor key pieces which sucked ass.

I was sent out of town by my company on Thursday and worked my ass off to make sure I was back by Thursday night. I was on the road at 6am and didn't get back till 8pm to be in time for the raid. Fuckit. So raid ended up being Friday night and what a raid it was. There was LOTS of great targets up!

First up we headed to Ssra cause the Cursed was up. We ended up head to head with another guild and basically did a /rand for the spawn. Thanks to Kez's marvelous roll of a 2 we lost and set off to the Halls Of Honor and the Villager trial!.

Once that was done it was time for something new and interesting. The Lord Mithaniel Marr was due a little visit from us in his Temple. But first, the Avatar of War showed his ugly Puss in Kael Drakkal and was righteously ganked. One again he was kind enough to drop TWO (count em) TWO Blades of Carnage. We will be giving them away to twinks soon!. Oh Kez, my level 15 Froggy Warrior needs a BOC!

For some reason the pull team decide that just pulling the Avatar of War, Statue, Idol etc etc wasn't exciting enough. So they started pulling multiples. We got Vindi and five friends, Statue and 3 friends etc etc. It was fun!

Friends

Vindi

Statue of Rallos Zek

Idol of Rallos Zek

The Avatar of War

Then its time for Lord Marr. The entrance to his temple is pretty impressive. Very Greek, or should I say very Melbourne?

He has some big ass pussycats guarding him. They are very cute, but they hit very hard.

and Lord Marr looks Kewl!

Now that was a hell of a good fight!. Thanks to some fantastic (or should I say Lucky?) pulling we got Marr split from his guards and all alone. After that it was all over bar the shouting. Once Marr was down it was time for the Plane of Tactics and our old friend Vallon Zek.

For some reason this week I have also managed to miss 2x Seru kills and a Cursed kill. Basically I have been doing faction farming with the GF. Well no more!, no more I say!. This week there shall be much killing and I shall get my Horsie! I know the Emperor drops one as well, but Seru's is black, and well, I'm a Necro, and well, you know, its black!.

Oh and hopefully we may get a shot at the Emperor Ssraeshza soon. I finally managed to finish my Emp Key this week (Thanks to the phenomenal Geno and Attann) so I will be able to go to the kill. I have 3 more Shards to go for the VT key and I think I know how to get one more, so should only be 2 shards soon.

Raid night tonight. No idea what's going to be up but I bet its good!

No comments: